You’re trying your darndest to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, boss-babe, “insert-title-here” you know how to be.
But there’s one problem. You don’t feel like “you” anymore.
Maybe you’re struggling with feeling disconnected - both from your body and the people you love. Maybe you’re dealing with the lingering effects of pregnancy such as incontinence, prolapse, diastasis recti, weight gain, or a lack of energy. Maybe you’re just tired of trying to find safe, simple, smart information so you can get back to what you love to do.
This site is for all the mamas, and mamas-to-be, who want to reconnect to their bodies - and more specifically to their inner strength.
We are women who know that we are made for more.
If you love:
- Cheering on others instead of comparing and competing,
- Moving your body - I see you, kitchen-dancing diva! and
- Living life as a grand journey towards becoming more of who you were created to be,
You are in the right place.
I’m Eliza Cait, a Doctor of Physical Therapy, Certified Pre and Post Natal Coach, and woman-on-a-mission to help ladies reconnect to their bodies before, during, or anytime after pregnancy (and I mean anytime - you can be years out and this can still apply to you!)
With simple and safe exercise and movement education, tips on healthy lifestyle choices, and speaking the truth about how truly AWESOME you are, I’d like to help empower you to live a life you love.
It’s beyond frustrating when you feel like you can’t do life because your body isn’t cooperating. And I know from first-hand experience. Examples include:
- Tearing my ACL playing D1 soccer,
- 4 days in the hospital a month after getting married (bless my husband's heart),
- Working through stress-induced anxiety and adrenal fatigue,
- My continuing journey with hypothalamic amenorrhea.
This body of mine has taken a few hits. And maybe you've taken a few hits of your own.
Any of this sound familiar?
- I wish I could laugh with my friends, sneeze, cough, or jump on the trampoline with my kids without peeing on myself
- My back and hips hurt far too often
- I feel like things are falling out "down there"
- Intimacy isn't quite what it once was
- I just feel disconnected from my body
- Just imagining going into labor makes me break out in a sweat
- I want to prepare myself for pregnancy and postpartum, but I don't know where to start!
And maybe you're frustrated trying to find simple, safe, effective advice.
I've spent years learning about how to help heal and nurture the body. And I continue to learn more (I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this stuff!).
In fact, besides my clinical doctorate, I've earned a couple of badges along the way including becoming a Certified Pre and Postnatal Coach, learning more about assessing and treating movement, and completing education in fertility.
But I know to truly become the woman you were made to be, it’s about more than connecting to our physical strength. We want to be women who are strong mentally, spiritually, and emotionally, as well.
It is my prayer that during your meanderings through this site you will be blessed and reminded that you are a woman with the ability to draw from the deepest wells of utter beauty and power. Because I believe when we’re confident in those truths, we’re able to focus on the more important things in life.
BULLET POINT BIO
- Texas-born, Oklahoma bred, Tennessee livin' lady
- Married to my best friend (who's quite the hunk to boot!)
- Former division 1 collegiate soccer player
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Imperfect follower of Jesus
- Personality test nerd (enneagram type 7, ENFP)
- Book lover
- Calligraphy dabbler
It's time to live the life you love!
Start your journey with one of our most-loved posts below:
YOUR FREE GUIDE TO THE BODY BASICS!
Imagine feeling vibrant, happy, and connected to your inner strength. Download your FREE GUIDE where you'll learn the 3 essentials to feeling confident in your skin. Every woman needs this. Grab your copy today.